Strategy, structure and quality systems
KDM Hire is one of the UK and Ireland’s leading equipment rental companies offering the largest range of equipment for hire with over 1000 different products available.
Established in 1990 and operating from depots in Cookstown and Belfast, the business has grown to become one of the top 100 rental companies in the UK and has won numerous awards for quality, service and customer care.
KDM offers a large variety of non-operated plant and tools for hire from drills and power washers to large construction equipment, scaffolding, pumps, temporary fencing and traffic management equipment. The company also offers the hire of specialist equipment, with an extensive range of products to include power generators, aerial platforms, material handling equipment plus a large fleet of temporary accommodation and storage units, all suitable for industrial, construction and event applications.
As a company committed to continuous improvement across all areas, KDM Hire identified the need to re-focus by reviewing their strategy, management structure and internal business processes.
Next Level Impact supported KDM Hire by undertaking a strategic-level review of the business which led to a range of support interventions including:
· Identification of expert recruiters who assisted with the appointment of new members to the senior management team
· Support with the design of a new management structure
· Assistance with the implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support business improvement across all departments
· Leadership and management training and coaching (including managing change, emotional intelligence, resilience, maximizing engagement and performance management)
· The implementation of process maps for key internal business processes
· Internal audit support
· Alignment of the company’s approaches to internationally recognised standards of good practice
· Support for formal accreditation to ISO 9001:2015
KDM Hire successfully implemented a new management structure and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across all departments, supported by process maps of all key business activities.
This resulted in a broad range of benefits, including:
· Clear reporting lines and increased levels of accountability across all areas
· The implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across all departments
· Greater consistency of approach due to enhanced internal training and clearer understanding of departmental processes and priorities
· Enhanced engagement across the business
· Improved operational performance
· Formal accreditation to ISO9001:2015
“This process of continual improvement helps us maintain high standards of service delivery while ensuring operational efficiency, compliance with regulatory requirements and consistent customer satisfaction. The ISO certification demonstrates clearly our commitment to quality and the highest, most dependable levels of service.”
Michael Donnelly Managing Director