Celebrating Success 2018
Date: 12 June, 2018
Time: 10am to 1:30pm
Venue: Parliament Buildings Stormont
Diversity, inclusion and valuing people are fundamental to ensuring organisational success. For example, research by McKinsey found that companies in the top quartile for racial and ethnic diversity are 35% more likely to have above-average financial returns. A recent Deloitte study found that when employees believe that their organisation is committed to and supportive of diversity and they feel included, there’s an 83% increase in their ability to innovate. A recent survey by recruiting firm Glassdoor found that 67% of people said a diverse workforce was an important factor when evaluating companies and job offers.
Three Northern Ireland organisations have recently been recognised as being first in their respective sectors worldwide to achieve either the new Learning and Development, Valuing People or Diversity Standards. We would like to invite you to celebrate the success of Holy Family Primary School, Housing Rights and Dixons Contractors who will share their journeys to promote diversity and value their people.
- 10:00 Participant arrival and champagne reception
- 10:40 Tour of Parliament Buildings
- 11:10 Group photo on the steps of Parliament Buildings
- 11:20 Welcome and keynote address by Dr Wilson Wong , CIPD Head of Insights and Futures at CIPD and Independent Chair Human Capital Standards Committee
- 11:40 Sharing good practice – the 3 organisations will share their journey, learning points and benefits of learning and development, valuing people and promoting diversity in the workplace
- 12:00 Presentation of awards
- 12:30 Closing remarks
- 12:35 Lunch
Kellie Armstrong MLA
Please register below to join us in celebrating the success of these remarkable organisations and learning from their journeys.
NB - Please bring photographic ID on the day to ensure entry to Parliament Buildings.